A time set aside just for me to gather my thoughts, share my ideas, and to communicate with the world.

July 16, 2009

Taking Kate to Orientation for School

Well today is the day we leave to take Kate to school. She is going to
get her schedule, follow up w/financial aid, see the school dorms, and
everything to wrap it up. She is excited, and I guess I am for her. It is
always difficult for me when one of my children, "leave the nest."

You wonder as a mother, did I tell her everything that I should have
to keep her safe? Is she going to use the common sense, that I drilled
into her over the years about locking doors, not putting her drink down,
walking after its dark, and on and on........ I sure hope so......

I hope she makes good choices, and manages her money well. She will
still have my support, and I will over see her finances, but this is it for
her. I am only going to do this her first year, next year she will manage
it all.

I hope that I have instilled good values for her, and I especially hope
that I have planted the seed of belief in God and faith. Lord knows
there will be time when that is all that will pull her through...

I love my daughter, but now its time to let go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends From All Over...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews