A time set aside just for me to gather my thoughts, share my ideas, and to communicate with the world.

March 31, 2010

The Promise of Morning Book Review

I haven't read a fiction book in a really long time, but I must tell you that this was a good book! The Promise of Morning is written by Ann Shorey, and is published by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. Now that you know were to find this book, I will share my thoughts with you. I love "settler" books, back in the 1800's, I guess because I just adored the "Little House on the Prairie" television show. If you were into that too, you are going to love this book!

The setting is in the 1840's in the Illinois frontier, with a family of Matthew Craig who is a pastor and his wife Ellie. Ellie is a unique character but with emotions and feelings, that are all too common in the 2010's. Even though the setting was in 1840's, the pain and loneliness that she goes through after burying three children. Ellie shares with us, what it is like for a mother to grieve the loss of her children, and the depth and despair about losing one's self along the way. While Ellie is facing these feelings, her young marriage is suffering as well, to include Matthew her husband; a young pastor finding out who he is and what he stands for. This is the second book in the series, "At Home in Beldon Grove."

To anyone who has lost, love, and grown through their situation will relate to Ellie and Matthews life in such a way that the same would apply to us today over 160 years ago!

Not going to be a spoiler, but I reccommend this book to anyone. The book not only covers relationships, marriage, family, settlers, but it also has another twist to the book that you have to check out for yourself. Let me know what you think.

Available March 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the great review of The Promise of Morning. I'm so glad you liked the story!
    BTW, you have a gorgeous blog!
    Blessings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Friends From All Over...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews