A time set aside just for me to gather my thoughts, share my ideas, and to communicate with the world.

October 30, 2010

Saturday Morning Quiet Time

     It's Quiet in our house, got my oils from Bath and Body Works burning, everyone is still asleep, except for the dog and I. I am sitting by the fireplace, (Yes, it is 36 degree's here) thinking today will be a pajama day! We all rented movies last night from Blockbuster, so we are squared away! May put on the fuzzy socks to do my homework later, but for now just wanted to write down my thoughts. It's funny to re-read this, and see the key words, fireplace, fuzzy socks, oil's burning, and my computer (writing)... for these are my "comforts", things that make me feel good inside! lol.... It is funny but I have passed these traditions on down to my girls, got we will grab a fuzzy blanket, socks, books, and something smelling good in a minute! Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that bring you the most comfort!

     I shared with you a few days ago, that I had a "visit" from my grandmother in my dreams! She is in Heaven, so our "visits" are few and far between, but I love those dreams that are so real, you actually have to think about, "Did this just happen?", or am I still dreaming. These are the dreams that you don't want to end. I think I have had one "visit" with Daniel since he has been gone, hoping to have more!

     Today I was thinking about my grandfather, "Papaw." Papaw was such a kind, patient man, who loved to just sit and talk, about each and everything we could think of! It's funny, I have had so many, many good memories of him. I still get that warm and fuzzy when I think of him, and how much I miss him! God is good, and I know that one day I will see him again, and have another talk! lol. He loved talking about John F Kennedy, when he was President, the books he read (mainly Louis L'Amour), cooking, and a vast of so many things. I miss his kind and gentle soul. I was so blessed as a child, I had great grandparents, and a wonderful relationship with them, I was even blessed with two sets of people, who took on the role of a grandparents, so I had "extras". I wish so much that my kids had that opportunity.

To wrap this up, I wanted to share a song that I love, it brings back a lot of good memories, and the questions asked in the song, is what I wonder (and wish) for today.

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends From All Over...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews