A time set aside just for me to gather my thoughts, share my ideas, and to communicate with the world.

August 8, 2009

The Poop Monster

Our two smaller children at home are 6 and 9 years old now, growing up so fast. Although I miss them being babies, I surely do not miss the bottle and diaper stages. My step-daughter has two children, and I love my grand babies who are 8 and 2 years old. I love them so much that when my daughter told me she was going to have to go to school for the summer, I naturally volunteered to keep her kids.

The summer so far has been relatively entertaining, with the extra noise and the extra activities to keep them entertained; hence, I don't lose my sanity. Having extra children has been a lot of work and I go to bed tired. Last night after a long day, I fed the kids and they had their showers, so it was finally quiet time, my "me" time.

I was sitting on my computer, talking to a friend when all of a sudden, the two year old starts crying. While hubby was on hold with Best Buy, trying to figure out how to work a twenty five hundred dollar television that is impossible to operate. The kid's start yelling "she pooped, she pooped," as the baby is still crying. I came out to see what in the world was going on, the child had made a mess! Unbenounced to me, my daughter was still on the phone, but someone had laid the phone down on the floor during the commotion. I am so glad, I didn't say anything out of the way, with my daughter listening to all of this. The kids were screaming, my husband is yelling that it is new carpet, and I am scrambling looking for wipes, and trying to keep it together. The poor baby is now traumatized.

Although this is not the way I wanted to end my day, everyone settled and the mess was cleaned up. I picked up the phone, and put the baby on the phone with her, so she would know that we were not in the process of killing her, that she was fine. I finally put the kids to bed, pondered whether or not I should take a Tylenol Pm, but decided my body was tired enough all on its own.

I thanked the Lord we got through this, and also praised that I was so happy to be passed this stage with my children, and went to bed. I am sure that today, will bring me excitement and wonders today.

1 comment:

  1. I have a four year old who still have "poop monster" moments - so this really made me chuckle. Nice blog!

    Best,
    Charlene
    http://beamingbalance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Friends From All Over...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews